Saturday, October 16, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

How Kids Teach Themselves

After watching this video I believe that when someone is motivated to learn that they will be capable of teaching themselves anything. Before this video I did not believe this, in some cases teachers may be necessary but this video proved they are not necessary in all situations. If the motivational learner is a kid I say yes of course they can teach themselves! The kids in the video could. Although I do believe that motivation is necessary. The conditions necessary for a kid to teach themselves would be motivation and determination. If the kid does not want to learn then they will not teach themselves. I also believe that interest would help a kid teach themselves. The conditions necessary for anyone to teach themselves would be pretty much the same. I think that an adult would know the importance of learning and maybe not have to be interested in the subject. Computers and internet play a HUGE role in the process. They are probably the most use full tools. Motivation also has a large role, I believe that it is almost necessary for a kid to have motivation. The questions or problems may give the motivation. The need and want to figure out the answer will provide motivation. Therefore having a question or problem would be very helpful. I believe that you can motivate someone to learn by showing them the opportunities that it will provide. I am motivated to learn partly by the opportunities it will create and partly because I am a curious person. Yes, I believe that anyone motivated to learn will be able to. Sometimes I teach myself. I mostly review what I have already learned but sometimes I have teach myself a different way than I was first taught, it helps me better understand. A teacher can be a great source of motivation! They also give instruction and help. My most important response to this would be that most children would love the opportunity to learn. This really shocked me. Other questions in this video that should be discussed are how can we incorporate independent learning in our future classrooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment