Thursday, September 23, 2010

Blog Assignment Four

Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff. Please?

I found this to be a very interesting article. At first I was confused, as I continued reading I better understood Dr. McLeod's point. It is important to trust students, doing this will help allow us as teachers to give them more reponsibily and a better chance to learn. Dr. McLeod is a Professor at Iowa State University. He is an avid blogger, and does alot of technology leadership work.

iSchool Initiative

This was a very interesting video. Definately a great idea for schools willing to change! Not only will this provide a better learning situation for students it will also help teachers. It will allow teachers to connect with students instantly. This is also a great way to keep up with student work and even grades. This provides teachers and students a way of privately communicating without the student having to stay after class and be embarressed about it.

Another way this is a logical idea is that it will cut down the budget. In the video he states about $600.00 per student! That is alot of savings! Plus no text books, paper or other supplies that are costly and produce an excessive amount of waste. The iSchool idea is a very green way of learning. I hope that this project is a success, although I do see some sketicism from those unwilling to open their minds I believe that this will be a ultimate success.

The Lost Generation

This was another amazing video. When first viewing this video I became upset, I believe those things to be untrue. I believe that my generation does care and that work does not come first. When this video reversed I was shoked at the style of writing. Amazed that someone could have this make sense by simply reversing it. The technique was captivatingand it really pulled together to make sense.

Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir

Wow! Yet again another impressive video! The whole idea and importance of technology is really starting to grow on me. I now realize that the possibilities are endless! Using the internet this way is something that I never would of thought of. Now that seems like a shame to me. The internet should be used for more and more things like this. The capability to connenct people who may have never met otherwise is astounding.





1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    I too like the idea of the iSchool! I think that it will be VERY difficult to actually get it to be accepted anytime soon, but I truely believe someday there will be some type of technology like this. Hopefully during our lifetime! ha.
    The Lost Generation Video upset me at first too because I disagreed with the forward version (to an extent) although unfortunately it is partially true. The way this video was created is amazing though. I can't imagine how much time and effort was put into it.
    Technology is so important. It is unreal how much it is growing in our society and how much we can accomplish with it. The Virtual Choir is a perfect example of reality. Technology is truely the link to the world.

    Stephanie Dunaway

    ReplyDelete