Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

This was my first experience with Google Squared. I did not know of it before watching the video, google continues to amaze me! This allows students or any user to see information about different things all at once. It sorts it out for you to. It definately helped my search about most popular dog names. WolframAlpha was also interesting. It seems to be a very smart tool, through this I found that I share a birthday with Michele Obama and that I have been alive for 7,915 days. This information source is amazing! This tool will be able to help children with everyday school work and provide a vast amount of information. I did not know about either of these tools before the assignment.

My Did You Know comments were based on the pure astonishment of the statistics in the video. Through Dr. Strange's video and these new search tools I must say I was to quick to fall for the ststistics. Now I understand why India has more honor students. There population is much larger than ours. I have learned that the shock of statistics needs to be examined further. I need to be ready to research and see the whole numbers before they were statistics.


1 comment:

  1. Where is Blog Assignment #4? And did you read about the little boy in Columbia and the iPad.

    Yes, be careful when encountering statistics.

    ReplyDelete