Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog Assignment Five

microphone and headset


Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog

This was a great blog and podcast! Very nice for third grade work. I like how they used music playing while they were talking, I also enjoyed the class picture. This is a good way to add to a voice podcast. It allows the listeners to see who is doing the podcast. I enjoed the subject of the last podcast, Romans. From this podcast I would like to incorporate the use of music while talking and maybe a picture into my groups podcast.

Langwitches

I enjoyed this website. It had great tools to help with podcasts and great podcast examples! I liked how teachers used the blog to enable learning. They said it helped them to discuss current events and learn topics being covered in class. On thiss website I saw where in one school every class had blogs and podcasts! This is exciting to me! I beleive that this could be a great learning tool and I am pleased that it is already being used in schools. They also say this is a great way to indroduce young students to the internet and blogging.

Another thing I learned from this podcast is that picking a theme is a good way to entertain students! The Langwitches showed a cartoon of a witch at the beginning of podcasts and had a witch laugh and spooky music as the introduction to the podcast! I found this a great idea and I beleive that elementary school students would love this!

The Practical Principals

Again with this podcast I like the the introduction and I like the way they also used a picture for something visual for the listener. This podcast also had intro music which I also liked. I would really like to have music in my groups podcast! In this podcast it was more like a conversation than informational. I believe that this is because they were sharing information not summarizing what they were reviewing, like the third grade class above.

All three of these podcast websites were very informative. I really hope to take what I learned from these and involve them in my group podcast!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    Let me start by saying I love your picture of the mike with the wavelengths! Where did you get it?

    Now, your point ... All three of these podcast websites were very informative. I really hope to take what I learned from these and involve them in my group podcast! ... is a great way for you to show what you have learned and gives you some ideas for how you can implement them into your future classes as a student and a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I choose to read "The Eagles' Nest" and "Langwitches" in my own blog post, but I did not read "The Practical Principals."

    I agree with you first of all. The Roman podcast was insane to me because I do not even know how to put the background music in my podcasts.

    I also found "Langwitches" to be a great site with many great sources that I found very useful and a great place to share things with others.

    I didn't go to the final site you chose, but from your comments it kind of makes me want to go back and visit the site to see what is there.

    ReplyDelete