Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blog Assignment 1

I have spent most of my life in Mobile, Alabama. Although I lived in North Carolina for one year. I have also traveled to numerous states and to Mexico. Some of my major interests are reading, running, exercising, and being around my family and friends. I have to mention that I am a huge New Orleans Saints fan! This is sort of a requirement for being in my family! I have the best parents that I could have asked for. They are the reason that I am the lady that I have become. I have four sisters and one brother. They are some of my best friends.
I am attending USA mainly because of the closeness to home. This is my third year and I have grown to love USA. I have always wanted to have a career in education. I am excited to be pursuing my goals. A few reasons why I want to teach are; to help the community, help students find a passion for learning, and to be a friend as well as teacher when needed. I beleive that one of the things I am best at is listening. I would much rather listen than give advice.


3 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    I believe we have another class together. Do you have Fregeau at 9:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays?

    Wow, you have a big family...four sisters and one brother? Poor brother! Haha, and I must say there were probably some serious cat fights around your house. :) I also am attending USA because of the area. I love my family and enjoy seeing them whenever I want to.

    It looks like we have a few things in common. I love to run and exercise as well. My little boy keeps me on my toes so I have to stay in good shape.. or at least try to anyway. I also enjoy Saints football! My mom and step dad went to a game last Friday. They bought my little boy a jersey with Brees on the back of it. He looks so tough in it!

    Ultimately, we both want to become educators. Are you elementary or secondary? You have some excellent reasons for wanting to become an educator. I am elementary, and I think it is very important for students to learn basic skills at such an early age.I also feel that is important as an educator to help the students develop a passion for learning. I look forward to a great semester with you. Good luck!

    Haley Drinkard :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like New Mexico and hope to spend this Christmas there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haley,
    I had Fregeau last semester. Good luck, she kept us very busy! We always had to speak Spanish at the beginning of every class and I must say I am a little to country to speak it very well!

    I am a secondary education, im not so sure I could handle elementary! Middle and high school seems to be more for me. Good luck throughout the semester!

    ReplyDelete